OUR LATEST UPDATE TO COVID-19
It’s been a tough few weeks.
Like businesses everywhere, All Your Meals is coming to grips with the reality of the novel coronavirus, or COVID-19, and is working hard to respond to the serious and rapidly evolving situation that is touching all our lives.
Our core team leading the response to COVID-19 has quickly put protocols and practices in place to keep our associates and customers healthy and our facilities safe. So far, production has not been affected. We are still running full production lines at our facility and working as fast as possible to keep inventory high at levels appropriate to meet increasing customer demand. Our supply chain remains unaffected and our suppliers unconcerned about ongoing deliveries and the Government at every level is working to assure the supply chain remains intact. We know things are changing quickly, and we are giving our full attention to preparing for all possibilities.
How are we responding to COVID-19?
When cases of COVID-19 first started to appear in North America, we limited all but essential staff travel, educated our employees about the virus, restricted who could enter our facilities, and heightened our already rigorous sanitation practices.
These are the steps we have taken so far to minimize the impacts of COVID-19:
1. Handwashing and proper sanitation. This is vital to preventing the spread of COVID-19. We have always followed strict sanitation practices, and protective gloves, hair nets and smocks are standard issue for our employees. No one enters or exits the production facility without stopping at a handwashing station to clean and sanitize their hands, but now, quality assurance techs actively monitor these sanitation stations and employees must sanitize their gloves as well as their hands. We have expanded our sanitation schedule to include multiple daily cleanings in break rooms, bathrooms, meeting rooms, and offices. We also sanitize our delivery Vans before and after every shift.
2. Keeping some distance. This is another important prevention measure, and we are staggering breaks and clock-in times to ensure not too many people gather in one place at the same time. Employees who can work from home are free to do so, but our Burnaby facility remains open and most staff are coming in. Anyone with paid time off is free to use it, and associates who do not feel comfortable coming to work during the COVID-19 outbreak can choose to stay home without any negative consequences. We are encouraging our customers and drivers to wherever possible to effect contactless food delivery by updating delivery arrangements with instructions to leave by the front door and ring the bell or by placing a cooler outside the residence.
3. Monitoring our health and protecting vulnerable people. Before our associates’ clock in, quality assurance techs monitor them for any sign of illness, including the cold and flu, which can make people more vulnerable to contracting COVID-19. We have also put strict visitor protocols in place across the entire company — no one can come in unless they have business with us, and they are screened for symptoms before they can enter.
4. Providing accurate information. Having accurate, up-to-date information is key to understanding COVID-19 and how to protect against it. We have put up posters from the CDC with information about the virus, the symptoms, and how to respond.
Although we don’t know how long this will last or how much more severe the situation will get, at All Your Foods we know if we maintain the following we will be in a good position to stay on top of any situation proposes presented to us from COVID-19. In the end we will be a stronger company by sticking to our core values:
1. Be informed minute by minute of any changes
3. Delivering on our promises
4. Doing whatever it takes
Thank you and we wish you all the best during these difficult times.
All Your Meals Executive Management,